I believe that everyone can be a teacher by definition as each one of us, no matter how old we are, can teach someone something. Personally, I can definitely say that I'm a lifelong student and that if I stopped learning, this would probably mean that I am in a critical state - physical or mental!
I learn through reading of course, but I mostly learn from those around me. Those who surround me are my family, my friends and my students.
My students have an ongoing impact on me and I'm not sure if they realise this. By being who they are, that's to say all so different from year to year and from class to class, they draw my research path and lead my learning/teaching direction. Both their knowledge and their 'ignorance' are of benefit to me (and to them) as they often take me in directions I wouldn't have ventured into if it weren't for them. That's probably why I so take my job to heart, and find it difficult to fit in the category of teachers that just teach the syllabus and are satisfied. I appreciate that their learning is mine, their failures are mine but most enjoyably, their successes are also mine! It's a partnership that we enter into for the time of a course, and that should enrich us both equally.
Link of the day is a reminder that developing listening skills is as important as developing writing skills so I'm posting a link to BBC radio4 which is a talk radio - everything on there might not be interesting to you, but scroll through the site and you're bound to find something up your street. Enjoy listening http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
Thank you girls for being such great teachers xoxo
I learn through reading of course, but I mostly learn from those around me. Those who surround me are my family, my friends and my students.
My students have an ongoing impact on me and I'm not sure if they realise this. By being who they are, that's to say all so different from year to year and from class to class, they draw my research path and lead my learning/teaching direction. Both their knowledge and their 'ignorance' are of benefit to me (and to them) as they often take me in directions I wouldn't have ventured into if it weren't for them. That's probably why I so take my job to heart, and find it difficult to fit in the category of teachers that just teach the syllabus and are satisfied. I appreciate that their learning is mine, their failures are mine but most enjoyably, their successes are also mine! It's a partnership that we enter into for the time of a course, and that should enrich us both equally.
Link of the day is a reminder that developing listening skills is as important as developing writing skills so I'm posting a link to BBC radio4 which is a talk radio - everything on there might not be interesting to you, but scroll through the site and you're bound to find something up your street. Enjoy listening http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
Thank you girls for being such great teachers xoxo
We must thank you first for being such a wise and tolerant teacher/student!
ReplyDeleteEsma, you are definitely one of the students I refer to in this post - stay yourself but keep out of trouble ;) You can have a very positive impact on your peers inshaa'Allaah.
ReplyDeleteI have to be honest with you Mrs.Hada and tell you that you're a special teacher. It's difficult nowadays to find such a teacher like you with a great personality. We're so lucky to have you this year to put us on the right path. :D
ReplyDeleteMyasser, I'm humbled by your comment and am also honest when saying that I'm blessed to count you amongst my students too. As for 'putting you one the right path', remember that the choices we make are what puts us on a path - right or wrong - each of us is master of his decisions to do the right thing or not. So the more informed we are, the more likely we are to not be led astray. Thanks for reading and commenting xx
ReplyDeleteMiss Hada, thank YOU for being a great teacher, even one of the best teachers I've been with, some people don't get why you are somehow strict, but you're doing that for our own benefit. Thank you for all the great things u taught us :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I almost feel like we're cheating to find the right path because we get to listen to an experienced teacher's lectures every single day. I'm going to make use of that advantage to the fullest :D I just noticed that I can't comment on my phone, after I posted comments on many blogs :(
ReplyDeleteThank god we have you Miss Hada, like honestly your really different than the other teachers and yes i like your system,the way you push us through to work harder and put more is really amazing,Thank YOU MISS HADA
ReplyDeleteLina and Marwa, thank you both - you're both special maashaa'Allaah xx
ReplyDeleteEsma, experience is a valuable tool, and wise is the one who recognises when to listen. xx
Masha'Allah, la haula wa la quwwatta illah bilah.It is a beautiful thing to read the appreciative comments of students for their teacher.Indeed I believe that such a relationship is in fact a sacred bond akin to parenthood. For the true natural teacher is the one who takes on the trust to remove ignorance, confusion and conjecture and thus sets forth on a wonderful venture, with an unbounded loving intention to imbue Truth and Beauty into the deep recesses of another soul, which for sure, far surpasses the limitations of any school syllabus. May Allah reward your teacher Hada, for her sincere efforts to bring you all to Success in this life and Al Akhira.
ReplyDeleteI really liked it and I understood everything now. Thankyou very much :)
ReplyDelete